Summertime is always a season to look forward to. But it’s not ideal to just anticipate the warmth and thrills, you must know the best kinds of footwear that suit the period. Suede shoes have been an amazing choice, and this article will tell you why.
Can you wear suede shoes in the summer? Absolutely Yes, Suede shoes are suitable for summer especially because of their breathability. The soft leather keeps you cool all day long and helps you enjoy the season.
How is Suede Shoe Made?
Suede is a type of leather that is obtained from lamb or deer hide. The skin that is torn from the underside of deer, lamb, or goat is used to make suede leather.
The material is thinner and softer to the touch than normal leather. It is highly desirable in making shoes that are meant to keep people warm. The suede material is easily ruined by water and that’s why it’s not recommended for the rainy season and winter. In summer, however, suede shoes come in very handy.
Why Suede is a Good Choice in Summer
Summer is typically warm with a lot of sunshine. It’s the period to flaunt your sleeveless tops, shorts, summer hats, and of course, your suede shoes.
So why is suede such an excellent choice for summer? Here are some of the features that make suede right for summer.
- Breathable, yet warm: Suede is naturally porous and will permit air to flow throughout your feet during summer. The material has great breathability features because of its porosity, yet will keep your feet warm all day. The air circulation will reduce sweat and keep your feet from feeling cooked up.
- Sweet to the Feel: Suede is soft and has a very sweet, soothing feel on your skin, and when you touch it. This is something you’ll need during summer when the air is warm and the sun is out.
- Versatile: Suede shoes are some of the most versatile types in the world. They come in different styles, colors, and designs and can be matched with any cloth. From suede boots to suede shoes, flip-flops and sandals, you can rock your suede material to any party, workplace, casual outing, or church!
- Easy to Dress Up: Of course, being versatile means they are easy to dress up. Suede shoes fit well with suede clothes and non-suede ones. You won’t have to scratch your head before you arrive at a stylish decision. It’s the kind of advantage you need in summer.
- Affordable: Being affordable means that you can easily add them to your wardrobe in preparation for summertime. You can get your suede shoes without breaking the bank.
- Durable: Durability is always an important feature. Suede is durable and quite easy to maintain. As long as you keep them from the elements, they usually last super long and will support you all summer.
- Sweat Absorption: Suede material can quickly absorb the heat you produce in your feet and since it’s porous, will dry it off quickly. This feature keeps you comfortable and cool.
- No fear of being Ruined by Rain: Rain will destroy suede. So will snow. That’s why summer is the best time to wear these shoes. In summer, all we have is the sun, and that works just fine for suede.
- Elegant: Suede is beautiful and elegant in the summer. They do well as casual shoes and work shoes (depending on where you work). The fact that they are able to make you look expensive and sophisticated makes them suitable for summer.
All of these features make suede an excellent choice for summer. Read on to learn more about why you should go with suede this coming summer season.
How to Wear Suede in the Summer
Wondering how to dress up with suede in the summer? It’s pretty easy and exciting. You can try these ideas:
Suede Ankle Boots: Suede ankle boots can be worn with thin socks on. Rock those on a pair of jeans and t-shirt and top it off with a cowboy hat. You can also wear boots with a short gown, skirt, or a pair of pants.
Suede Loafers: Loafers can do well as your suede work shoes as they’ll keep your feet warm and free of sweat. If your work involves water or oil spillage, you should consider another type of work shoes as suede doesn’t do well with spills. You can also wear your loafers to parties or to the park.
Black and Brown Suede are more Versatile: Choose black and brown suede shoes. They are easier to dress up because of their colors. In summer, you could slip them on and off quickly, and off you go.
How to Maintain Suede Shoes
The maintenance of suede shoes is easy. Since it’s summer and you’re likely to sweat a lot, you can prevent the sweat from showing on the shoes by using a sponge and mild soap to wipe the shoes.
Afterward, condition the suede leather with leather conditioning products. The sweat stains will leave and your shoes will be all bright and new.
General maintenance of your suede shoes during summer just involves regular brushing in one direction with a suede brush. Use soap and water to remove stains and condition the shoes regularly.
Can I Wear Suede Shoes in Other Seasons of the Year?
Yes, you can. Suede is great for summer but you can always wear them in other seasons. In winter or fall, you may want to switch to other materials like rubber because suede is easily destroyed by water or moisture.
Does Suede Make You Sweat?
No, it doesn’t. Suede has great breathability features and will naturally not cause you to sweat.
Conclustion & Final Note
Suede shoes are perfect for the summer. It’s easy to wear, lightweight, and easy to maintain. Being easy to dress it up is also another great thing about suede. You should totally get these precious things into your wardrobe in readiness for the next summer. Enjoy!